- So far, when I had to run a local Apache server on my Mac, I’ve been using
python -m SimpleHTTPServer. So here’s a trick: run
echo "alias s='python -m SimpleHTTPServer'" >> ~/.bash_profile, restart terminal, and run
sto shorten that silly command. via
- Seems like a fairly flexi library to create responsive progress bars with SVG. Gotta try: ProgressBar.js.
- Had to deal with two of the modern UI dev nightmares described in Paul’s Some gotchas that got me article very recently. Glad I stumbled upon his explanation of the problem with
- Centering in CSS. Again. A Complete Guide on CSS tricks.
- With differing screen sizes of increasing number of mobile devices how should we adapt out user interfaces to guarantee that using them won’t go totally awkward — How to design for thumbs in the Era of Huge Screens by Scott Hurff made me think.
- Cute little game there to help you master the pen tool: Bézier Game.
- d3list is a massive gallery of d3 examples compiled by Christophe Viau.
- Linked Small Multiples, a thorough article on how to build small multiples chart the right way.
- Para is a prototype digital illustration tool that allows to define iterative distributions and parametric constraints. Demo shown at the recent Adobe Max blew my mind. Or maybe I got in the mood because of all the clapping.
- I was exposed to Al Jazeera Witness documentaries for the first time just now. So much fantastic content. I could only wish they’d have a dedicated site for that for easier discovery.